Seniors and families:
As promised, please find the links to both the Virtual Scholarship/Honors Night and the Virtual Commencement within the text of this email. Please note the date change for the Scholarship/Honors Night. Additionally, you will find information about the parade scheduled for May 22 after the Virtual Commencement.
We will be utilizing our NFHS network account and our Tribe Talk YouTube Channel for live streaming of both major events. Mascoutah High School is proud to offer multiple platforms, allowing you to choose what platform works best for you. Links to the events are shared below.
Now slated to “go live” on Tuesday, May 12, at 6:00pm. This will allow us to distribute scholarship awards, certificates, plaques, etc. to students that are scheduled for diploma pick-up on Wednesday, May 13, without ruining the surprise.
Scheduled to stream on Friday, May 22, at 6:00pm.
After Virtual Ceremony
- It is suggested graduates wear their cap and gown and decorate their cars.
- Beginning at 8:00pm: Graduates may enter the MHS parking lot using the student parking lot entrance on the NE side of the building (North County Rd).
- Students will drive around the building and will be directed to line up in front of MHS near the green house.
- They still should remain in their vehicles in respect of social distancing guidelines.
- The Alumni Field lights will be turned on at 8:20pm (20:20 military time) for 20 minutes in honor of our graduates.
- At approximately 8:25-8:30pm, the parade will begin.
- PARADE ROUTE (Family, friends, and the community are asked to respect social distancing guidelines when watching the parade)
- South lot, exit left on North County Rd
- Right on West Harnett
- Right on 6th St
- Right on Main St
- Parade ends at MHS; re-entrance to the MHS parking lot will not be permitted.
- CONGRATULATIONS GRADUATES!!!
We look forward to seeing our seniors during their scheduled diploma presentations between May 13 and May 15 and are happy to be able to provide these opportunities to celebrate their achievements on May 12 and May 22.
Brandon Woodrome, Principal